Junior Olympic Qualifiers were held on December 17 and 18, 2011 - See Results on results tab
Saturday, December 17th:
Saber Cadet and Junior qualifiers hosted by Peninsula Fencing Academy in San Carlos
Close of registration times:
Junior MS10:00 am
Cadet MS11:30 am
Junior WS 12:30 pm
Cadet WS 1:00 pm
Sunday, December 18th:
Foil and Epee Cadet and Junior qualifiers hosted by Halberstadt Fencers Club on in San Francisco
Close of registration times:
Junior MF 10:00 am
Junior WF 10:00 am
Junior ME 12 pm
Junior WE 12 pm
Cadet MF1 pm
Cadet WF1 pm
Cadet ME2 pm
Cadet WE2 pm
Please pre-register on AskFred!
For information and registration for the JO Championships, February 17-20, 2012 in Salt Lake City UT, click here!
For information on the Petition Procedure and to download the Form, click here!
JUNIOR OLYMPIC FENCING CHAMPIONSHIPS
Eligible fencers are U.S. citizens OR permanent residents of the United States, current competitive members of USA FENCING, and meet qualification standards for each age category.
Any fencer who is a citizen or permanent resident who has represented another country in the last three years is not eligible for any USA FENCING National Championship competition, individual or team, including corresponding Division qualifying competitions. A foreign fencer who is in the US on a visa is NOT eligible to fence in any National Championships or associated qualifying competitions.
UNDER‐17 (CADET) CHAMPIONSHIPS
Fencers must be born between 1995 and 1998 AND BE
· On the Cadet NRPS on January 17, 2012 OR
· In the top 8 of the Youth 14 NRPS on January 17, 2012 OR
· Qualified for the Under‐20 JO Championships (BOD, 10/04) OR
· In the top 25% [refer to Table 1] in their Division’s Under‐17 J.O. qualifying competition (BOD,10/04)
UNDER‐20 (JUNIOR) CHAMPIONSHIPS
Fencers must be born between 1992 and 1998 AND BE
· On the Junior NRPS on January 17, 2012 OR
· In the top 16 of the Cadet NRPS on January 17, 2012 OR
· In the top 25% [refer to Table 1] in their Division’s Under‐20 J.O. qualifying competition (BOD 10/04)
UNDER 20 (JUNIOR) TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS
The Division does not hold a qualifying competition.
Teams must meet the criteria below:
· All Club Teams and team members must be current club and competitive USFA members respectively.
· No more than 3 teams per USFA member club per event will be allowed to enter.
· Members of the U20 team must born between 1992 and1998
· Members of the team must have represented the Club at a competition during the 2011‐2012 Season.
Club Team members must be U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents who have not represented another country in the past three years, and have represented the club in USFA competitions this season.
In order to participate in the Junior Olympic Fencing Championships, you must register online at
https://www.railstation.org/USFencing/ or fill out and send the special Junior Olympics Fencing Championship Entry Form to the USA Fencing National Office.